It’s about that time of year where our focus at Upland turns to our homebrewing brethren.Every summer, Upland Brewing Company hosts Up Cup, a homebrewing competition where brewers can have their beer judged by BCJP judges, professional brewers, and other brewing industry professionals. This year’s competition will be hosted at our production facility on June 8 at 5:00 pm, 4060 Profile Pkwy in Bloomington.
Here are the specific details:
- Entry Fee: $5, one entry per home brewer.
- Entry forms are found at http://www.bjcp.org/docs/SCP_EntryRecipe.pdf. These forms need to include ALL brewer information, including category and subcategory. This information can be found at http://www.bjcp.org/docs/2008_Guidelines.pdf.
- Brewers must supply two bottles containing at least 12 oz. each.
- Brewers must have a printed label on each bottle. Template for labels are found here: http://www.bjcp.org/docs/SCP_BottleID.pdf.
- All styles of beer are welcome, but we do not accept any ciders or meads.
Entries may be dropped off at any of the following locations, and must be delivered by June 1, 2013:
- Upland Brewery, 4060 Profile Pkwy, Bloomington, IN 47404
- Upland Bloomington Tap House, 350 W. 11th Street, Bloomington, IN 47404
- Upland Indy Tasting Room, 4842 N. College Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46205
- Upland Carmel Tap House, 820 E. 116th Street, Carmel, IN 46032
If shipping is required, please send to our Brewery at 4060 Profile Pkwy, Bloomington, IN 47404
When coming to the event please have your American Homebrewers Association (AHA) card or be prepared to renew your membership or join the AHA if you are not already a member. Anyone not interested in having an AHA membership is asked to donate $40 to a local charity. http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/. There is no charge for Designated Drivers.
Complimentary food and beer samples will be available, as well as great merchandise for sale.
At the end of the night, our Up Cup winner will be chosen. The winner receive a trophy, and their recipe will be brewed by Upland brewers along with the homebrewer. This beer will be entered in the Pro-Am competition at the Great American Beer Festival in Denver, Colorado. The winning beer will also be featured on tap at all Upland locations. Awards are given to second and third place, as well.