If you’ve kissed the Blarney Stone and have been blessed with lifelong eloquence, or you’re the party player who can always catch that perfect moment on Instagram… Upland may have a place in the family just for you.
Job Title: Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Marketing Director
Fast-growing craft brewery seeks a dynamic, creative and innovative individual to create, review and edit marketing material and coordinate social media activities and public relations for the organization. This role will work collaboratively with staff from across the organization to promote their activities and events while maintaining and aligning with brand message and image.
– Be able to understand the goal, audience, and message of a campaign and create copy/images to suit. Write advertising copy for use by publication or broadcast media as needed.
– Research, write, edit and proof all levels of copy for all online, offline, external and internal needs.
– Build and implement social media programs that ensure appropriate messaging is executed online, to support company goals, incorporating Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Google+, Untappd, RateBeer etc.
– Drive engagement with Upland fans and craft beer community throughout our wholesale footprint with concentration on Central Indiana.
– Monitor social media groups, trends, tools, and applications and recommend actions/next steps.
– Work closely with colleagues across the organization to develop and post content to social networking sites. Develop relationships with colleagues in all areas of the company to drive employee-generated content, and compensate key employees appropriately.
– Regularly report insights gained from social media monitoring to Marketing Director and President.
– Monitor and engage in online conversations.
– Use creative thinking and initiative to analyze site performance metrics and make recommendations on content, site design or features to improve effectiveness of web content and/or applications.
– Respond to social media and e-mail inquiries about business activities in a timely and courteous fashion.
– Provide support to other team members with regards to e-mail marketing and content creation.
– Create and organize a catalogue of multimedia content for future use
– Cultural fit: avid fan of craft beer, local foods movement, independent music and outdoor recreation (cycling, running, hiking, camping, etc.)
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills including some public speaking
– Technical knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, metrics and tracking
– Experience with photo and video creation and editing
– Project management and organization skills
– Learns quickly and able to change in fast paced environment
– Ability to handle the pressure of meeting tight deadlines
– Minimum 2 years related professional experience
– BS degree preferred
– Web publishing experience
– This job is based in Bloomington, IN and requires many nights, weekends and regular travel
Salary is commensurate on experience. Full company benefits available.
Are you as bored by this job description as I am? As a part of your application please re-write this job description in 100 words or less or create a video no longer than 30 seconds. Along with this please send resume, cover letter and a portfolio (social media engagement, photography and videography) to [email protected] by Friday May 2nd.