Upland Brewing Company is seeking an Executive Chef, Director of Food Operations. This position will be primarily responsible and accountable for all culinary related operations. The role will be a hands-on chef that will direct, manage, and train kitchen personnel, including kitchen management. In addition, this role will administer the planning, preparation, production and control of all food operations to deliver further on our mission of fresh, local, hand-crafted foods paired alongside our brewery’s award-winning beers.
Upland is a brewery who also takes its food very seriously – while trying not to take life too seriously. Our restaurant team is full of ballers who need a strong leader to design and maintain the systems that keep the chaos down so the brilliance of the rotating DJ in the kitchen can be fully appreciated. Our brewers need someone who knows how to blow customer minds by pairing unique recipes with their unique beers. Our owners need someone who can balance a checkbook.
Others say it is insane to try to serve four turns on a 140-seat restaurant on Saturday evening from-scratch, locally sourced ingredients; we say they don’t have chops. We expect an effective and well organized EC not to work 6 days/week nor be prevented from taking long vacations and spending QT with family and friends. Preference will be given to candidates who know how to pitch a tent, ride a century, or organize a charity kickball tournament.
The Boring Details/Required Qualifications
• Minimum five years of progressive senior kitchen management experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in hotel, food and beverage or hospitality management or culinary art.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, effective conflict and negotiation skills, and the ability to deal with a variety of different people.
• Ability to lead in a constructive and motivating manner.
• Demonstrated ability to create and execute operational procedures and systems.
• Analytical. Capable of completing a thorough and accurate food cost analysis; analyzing workflow and reorganizing equipment/setup to maximize labor productivity
• Ability to determine and communicate clear directives.
• Organized and thorough.
• Project management, including the ability to plan and execute large events while paying attention to details and anticipating needs or possible problems.
• Craft beer knowledge; certified cicerone or BJCP a plus.
Please submit resume to [email protected].